Friday, April 24, 2009

Chinese Friends!!! Yeah!!!

Little Sylvia learning to walk! No delays there!


This is Landyn...OMG! Is she not the cutest!


Sylvia and Taryn "catching up" on things since our trip!


Taryn, pick-pocketing through Sylvia's purse!


The girls: Lexi (I couldn't get one of her alone cuz' she is a fast little booger!);Landyn;Sylvia; and Taryn


Since we have been home it has been hard to find a "group" of families with Chinese kids! I have looked on-line and it appears that there is NO FCC GROUP IN LEXINGTON!!! There was at one point, but now the contact person is "not available"! So, I have been kind of "disappointed" because I KNOW there are tons of families in this area! Luckily, I know someone, who knows someone (and so on and so forth...) and I was able to go to a "play group" yesterday with 4 girls from Jiangxi Provence...one being our travel buddy (Amy and Sylvia) and the other two traveled last year but the girls all came from the same Provence and orphanage! It was so darn cute and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being with other adoptive families. Even if our personalities are like polar opposites...it doesn't matter! We are all bonded under the same love of adoption and that our babies all came from the same country! I love that! So, I am posting a few pictures of our time together...I hope you enjoy them! These girls are so darn cute you can just "eat em' up" (as I like to say!). If you haven't received your referral or gone to pick up your new child from China...IT WILL HAPPEN! And you too will someday have cute play date pictures to post! Yeah!!
On a different note...we have "First Steps" coming this afternoon to work with Taryn. I knew she seemed "delayed" in her motor skills (not going to the sit position alone, not crawling, etc...). And, frankly, wasn't surprised that she was referred! She is functioning on a 8 month level (she is 11 months this weekend!) as far as motor development. Let me assure you that her brain functioning is definitely on an 11mo level! So, I will have to post what the PT says today later, but just thought those of you that have returned and are facing the same "issues" might be interested to know that you are not alone!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We would love to get in on the next Zhangshu play date. I didn't want to bug you too soon because I know you haven't been home long...but if you're playing, we're in! You can email me at melissa.mcdonald at netzero dot com.
    And there is somewhat of an FCC group, there's a yahoo group that people connect through.

    ReplyDelete