Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A letter to Taryn on her 1st Birthday


Taryn, I can't even express how happy we feel since you have joined our family. Everyone always comments on how "lucky" you are that we adopted you...well, what they don't understand is that WE are the lucky ones! There hasn't been a day that has gone by that we haven't felt blessed by you. On this day I am reminded that across the world there is a woman who gave birth to you and then secretly left you on the courthouse steps in Jiangxi China. She did this so you could have a forever family. Something that, for whatever reason, she couldn't give to you. In this one selfless act, she provided you with a forever family...but, she also gave us one of the dearest gifts we will ever receive...you! I pray for her today. I don't know where she is, or what she is doing...but I DO know she will think of you today and wonder what became of you. Oh how I wish I could hug her and tell her you are more than okay! We love you our sweet Birthday Girl...we love you!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet and what a great idea to write her a letter. You should do that every year! I love you Taryn, Happy Birthday!

    Aunt Bethaney

    ReplyDelete