Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The End AND The Beginning...

End of the year Ice Cream Party!


Garrett reading his book: "How to make a Build-a-Bear"


Garrett dedicated his book to his "baby sister Taryn".


G's Awards!


So we have come to the close of yet another school year. It went by really fast! I am happy, for now, to have the boys home...check back in with me in a few weeks and see if I am still singin' the same tune! ;) Anyway, I (well Taryn and I) have been at the boys school every day this week doing different "end of the year" activities.

They had their annual awards ceremony yesterday and our G won "Best in Physical Education" and an "award" for doing all of his reading and then some extra. He is so proud of himself! However, our Wesley is green with jealousy. He didn't get any awards this year...him and about half of the kids...he is an A+ student and very well behaved (in school...not always at home!). Last year he received a few so it wasn't as big of a deal as it was today, when his kid brother got to bring home the goods! I actually think that every kid should get something...I mean, Wesley is not too upset...but, I saw a few kids crying because they didn't get anything and it made me think that surely they could come up with something positive to give those kids who didn't "stand out" in a particular area. But, that is why I am NOT a teacher, so that is all I am going to offer in way of an opinion on that subject!

Garrett had a last "author" reading today...dedicating his book to Taryn...VERY SWEET! He is our "star"...he LOVES to be the center of attention. So, getting the awards and the author reading are right up his alley...the more people staring at him the better as far as he is concerned!

Tomorrow is the last full day...field day. We will NOT be there tomorrow because the Princess has to get her 2nd round of shots! That ought to prove interesting to say the least!
So, Friday, is officially the last day. They only go half of a day and then...the two sweet angel's ;) are home with me for 2.5 months! Brace yourselves mothers...it is gonna get hairy!

For my "adoption note"...I want to send a Congratulations out to my Internet friend Teresa and her family...THEY LEAVE TOMORROW FOR CHINA! I can't wait to follow her journey...their blog is under my lists of blogs (the first one for now!). So, all of you waiting Mommy's and Daddy's check it out and take notes cuz' your turn is a comin'! And, those of us that are on the flip side of it all can smile and feel nostalgic about our trip!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment