Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gotcha Day #2!

Taryn showing the book she recieved for Gotcha Day!


The girls!


Awe! I love this one!


I can't believe it has been 2 years! 2 wonderful, fast years since we brought Taryn daughter into our family. I know that celebrating "Gotcha Day" is a controversial subject in the adoption world. But, for our family, we have chosen to celebrate this special day! I bought 18 gifts in China while we were there to give her one special gift a year from her country. We DID eat Chinese food last night, but I decided (after the plans were already made) that eating Chinese food specifically on Gotcha Day is a little "hokey", so we might not be doing this one anymore! We will let her pick the restaurant from now on I think! However, we DID enjoy the Chinese food with the wonderful family we traveled to China with! This little girl and Taryn were in the orphanage together so we have a special "bond" with this family. Fortunately, they live close by so we can see them every once in a while. The girls are very cute together, at least I think so!
2 Years! 2 Years! It is just so hard to believe!
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. We celebrate it too! It seems like yesterday we were eating bad airplane food over Siberia!! Taryn has grown so much! She looks wonderful! Happy Gotcha Day to your family!!

    ReplyDelete